Below are the regulations about watering you lawn (from MelbourneFlorida website):
How often can I water my lawn?Mandatory lawn watering restrictions specify the days when you may water. These days depend on whether you have an odd or even numbered address, and the time of year.
During Daylight Savings Time, homes with odd numbered or no addresses can water on Wednesdays and Saturdays; homes with even numbered addresses can water on Thursdays and Sundays; and non-residential properties can water on Tuesdays and Fridays.
During Eastern Standard Time, homes with odd numbered or no addresses can water on Saturdays; homes with even numbered addresses can water on Sundays; and nonresidential properties can water on Tuesdays.
Please note the following:
- Daylight Savings Time: second Sunday in March until the first Sunday in November
- Eastern Standard Time: first Sunday in November until the second Sunday in March
- Water only when needed and not between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Water for no more than one hour per zone
- Restrictions apply to private wells and pumps, ground and surface water from public and private utilities.
Some exceptions apply:
- Reclaimed water is exempt from the restrictions
- Irrigation of new landscape is allowed at any time of day on any day for the initial 30 days and every other day for the next 30 days for a total of one 60-day period, provided that the irrigation is limited to the minimum amount necessary for such landscape establishment
- Irrigation systems may be operated at any time of day on any day for maintenance and repair purposes not to exceed 20 minutes per hour per zone.